Have you received an error message indicating that the connection was refused because your account has been placed under protection (see below)?
There could be several reasons for that:
- If you requested by SMS that your account be secured, but you did not finish the procedure. That would result in your account being blocked.
- We have recently detected some suspicious logins on your Ankama account. As a precaution, we preferred to restrict access to the account rather than letting a potential thief take your things.
Ankama will assist you in unblocking your account and offers two ways to do this…
Option 1: Unblock the Account by SMS
If you have already linked a mobile phone number to your Ankama account and you still have access to this number, you can use the unblocking account by SMS service.
- Enter the name of the account (login) to unblock and the mobile phone number associated with it.
- Enter the verification code that will be sent to you by SMS.
- Change your password and your secret question/answer.
- Changing your e-mail address is recommended but not obligatory. However, if you decide to keep it, you agree to at least change the password of your e-mail account.
- Once the details have been changed, the account is unblocked and is once again authorized to sign-in.
Option 2: Contact Support
If you cannot unblock your account by SMS, you can contact Ankama's Support team.
As changing your access and details is a sensitive operation, we will have to confirm that you’re the account holder. Please attach a copy (scan or photo) of an official proof of ID to your request.