I forgot my secret answer
I want to change my secret answer
First, a little reminder!
The secret answer is a confidential part of your account, just like your password. That means you must keep it secret, not sharing it with anyone, not even a friend, your guild, or a family member.
You'll need your secret answer to perform "sensitive" operations, such as:
- changing your email address,
- changing your password,
- activating/deactivating the Authenticator,
- or deleting a character.
Change my secret question/answer
If you don't remember your secret answer or you'd like to change it, you have two options.
Case #1: Your cell phone number is saved to your account.
Step 1: Visit your account management page
Step 2: A free* verification code will be sent via text message to the cell phone linked to the account. Enter the code received.
Step 3: Once you have entered the code, you can change your secret question and answer.
Case #2: You didn't save a phone number to your account.
- Either add your phone number, then change your secret question/answer by following the steps above.
Warning: As a security precaution, you must wait one week after adding your cell phone number before you can change your secret answer.
- Or you can contact Ankama Support, who will be happy to help. When submitting your request, please attach a copy (scan or photo) of an official ID to verify that the account belongs to you.
If the account is confirmed to be yours, we will delete the old secret answer, and you'll then be able to add a new one.
Choosing a good secret answer
A secret answer is secure if it contains a minimum of 8 characters, including at least 3 unique characters.
It should ideally contain these three types of characters:
- Uppercase letters (e.g. A, B, C)
- Lowercase letters (e.g. a, b, c)
- Numbers (e.g. 1, 2, 3)
A secret answer is not secure if it's:
- a common noun or close variation of one
- a name, first name, or nickname
- a date (e.g. a date of birth)
- used in other games or forums (guild forums, for example)
- known and used by other people, even those you trust
- written on a physical or digital medium (e.g. on a piece of paper or in a text file)
* Doesn't include additional charges your phone operator may charge you for receiving text messages.
** As a security precaution, you must wait one week after adding your phone number before you can change your secret answer.