How do I deactivate the Authenticator linked to my account?
Follow these steps to unlink an account from the Authenticator:
- Open the "Ankama Authenticator" application
- Go to the tab "My Ankama Accounts" and click on the delete button
- Select the account you'd like to unassociate and click on "Delete".
- Enter the account login and password of the account
- Enter your secret answer
- Enter the security code sent to the email address associated with your account
Your account is no longer protected by Ankama Authenticator. Be careful, as you are now playing without protection.
I'm blocked by the Authenticator. What should I do?
There are several ways of getting blocked by the Authenticator. These include the loss, theft or reboot of your mobile device, or by deleting the app. Luckily, there are also a number of ways of safely unblocking your account!
Case No. 1: You still have the recovery code
The restoration code* that was given to you during your first activation can be used to restore your Authenticator to your mobile device (the same or a different one).
Here are the steps to follow to get back your account:
- Download and open the Ankama Authenticator app on your personal mobile device
- Go to the "Restoration Code" tab (see image below)
- Enter your restoration code and confirm
- You are now once again able to manage your protections on the mobile device in question
Case No. 2: You don't have the recovery code anymore, but your phone number is saved to your account
Have you lost your restoration code? You're not the only one, so we've come up with a solution for this, too...
As of November 16th 2016, you can deactivate the protections (both Authenticator and Shield) through the sending a simple text message. Obviously, you'll need a cell phone number linked to your account if you want to use this free service**.
Go to our help page and follow the steps. You'll be able to access your account again in just a few seconds.
Case No. 3: You don't have a recovery code, and your phone number isn't saved to your account.
In this case, you need to generate a new recovery code. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Ankama Authenticator app
- Deactivate the Authenticator on all protected accounts
- Delete the app from your smartphone or tablet (this will clear the application's cache). Your mobile device will then be "clean" and you'll be able to receive a new recovery code.
- Download and reinstall the application from your app store
- Reactivate the Authenticator on your accounts
We strongly advise you to keep this code in a safe place.
Case No. 4: You don't have access to your phone
If you don't have your restoration code and you can't use the SMS unblocking service, don't worry, all is not lost! You can contact our Support team. They will be happy to help get you back on track!
N.B.: As removing a protection is a sensitive action, we'll have to check that you really are the account holder. Please attach a copy (scan or photo) of an official proof of ID to your request.
If everything checks out, we will remove the Authenticator from your account and will let you return to the green plains of the World of Twelve...
*Not to be confused with the security code that was sent to you by email.
**This does not include any additional charges that your cell phone operator may charge you for receiving an SMS.