A log is stored in the form of a regular text file. It is a list, in chronological order, of all the events that have happened when a system (a program, application or server, for example) is running, and all the actions that have resulted from these events.
Logs are a valuable source of information for Ankama – especially for DOFUS – as they allow us to detect how and when precisely errors have arisen.
If you are encountering problems to do with your connection, updates and/or bugs, Ankama Support might ask you to send on this information.
Recovering logs from Ankama Launcher
Follow these steps to recover the logs from Ankama Launcher:
- Open the Launcher settings > "Assistance" section.
- Click on "Open log folder".
- Copy the "Application" file and attach it to your Support request.
Recovering game logs
Follow these steps to recover the game logs:
- Open the game settings.
- In the "Game directory" section, click the "Open log folder" button.
- Copy the log file "application.log" and attach it to your support request.