Do I have to use the Ankama Launcher?
Both systems to launch the games – the Updater and the Ankama Launcher – coexist.
As of the following dates, you will no longer be able to launch the games from the Updater:
- Dofus: October 29, 2019
- Wakfu: November 19, 2019
- Steam Wakfu: November 19, 2019
The Ankama Launcher won't automatically detect the games installed on your computer.
Is your computer configuration worse than the above? Not to worry – you can still play the game by using a workaround.
Here are the direct access to the games:
DOFUS (in 32 bits, compatible with 64 bits):
- EN :
- DE :
DOFUS Retro :
Firstly, please try the following:
1: Restart the Launcher.
2: Make sure that the Launcher is completely shut down by checking the notification area.
- If needed, uncheck the "Minimize to system tray" option.
- If needed, use the task manager to ensure that the Launcher is completely shut down (in the event of a crash, it might keep running in the background).
3: If needed, end the corresponding process(es).
4: Uninstall and reinstall the Launcher if issues persist.
If the problem continues, please tell us about it on the forum and give us as much information as possible.
Other questions :
- In-Game Issues
- Black screen - Windows 7 Network timeout
- Connection sharing. I get an "incorrect account name or password" error message.
- I no longer have access to the drop-down menu that lets me select versions of DOFUS.
- Ankama Launcher does not detect my games. / I have two versions of the game – is that normal?
- The Ankama Launcher won't load.
- I started installing several Ankama games, but I can't download them simultaneously. Is that normal?
- WINDOWS – The Ankama Launcher doesn't install by default in "Programs" or "Program Files" but in the "Appdata" folder. Why?
- What happens if you close the Ankama Launcher while a game is updating?
- How to fix the error "Unable to open due to malicious software" that prevents an application from running on macOS Catalina
Ankama Launcher displays a black screen
Please check your system and graphics card drivers for updates. To do so, you'll need to visit the website of your computer and/or graphics card manufacturer.
Once the updates are complete, please restart your machine and perform another test.
- Repair the game.
- Turn off automatic updates.
- You have a Repair option in the settings of installed games.
- Uninstall/reinstall the game.
- To avoid having to reinstall everything, you can:
- Start installing the game wherever you like.
- Stop the install.
- Copy the files already downloaded to the install folder.
- Restart downloading the files. > The Launcher should launch an automatic repair and complete the install.
- If you have a good connection, installing from scratch is recommended.
- If the problem continues, it could be an issue with the Launcher.
- To avoid having to reinstall everything, you can:
If the problem persists, please tell us about it on the forum, if possible with the logs available in Settings > Logs > Open the Log Directory > copy the content of the application.log file.
Black screen - Windows 7 Network timeout
Please take the following steps:
- Go to Internet options: Control Panel > Network & Internet > Internet Options
- On the Connections tab > Network Settings Button (at the bottom)
- Deactivate the "Automatically detect connection settings" option
- Then, restart the Launcher.
You should be able to launch the game.
If the problem persists, please contact the Support.
Connection sharing. I get an "incorrect account name or password" error message.
If you get an "incorrect account name or password" error message when both are correct, it's because you are in one of the two cases below when you try to launch the game using the Ankama Launcher:
1) The Authenticator is not activated.
2) Your WiFi or 4G IP changed between the launch and the connection to the Launcher (Proxy, VPN).
The solution: Open two instances of the game (CTRL+2) and log in manually to the DOFUS client.
I no longer have access to the drop-down menu that lets me select versions of DOFUS.
Please follow these steps:
1. Go into the Launcher's options.
2. Select the "Versions" tab.
3. Check "Show other versions (DOFUS Beta)".
Ankama Launcher does not detect my games. / I have two versions of the game – is that normal?
The Launcher does not detect previously installed games.
You can uninstall the version of the platform that you no longer use.
The Ankama Launcher won't load.
Please try restarting the Launcher first.
If the problem continues, go to your Task Manager, select "Ankama Launcher" and end the task. Then, restart the Launcher.
If it still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the Ankama Launcher.
To do so, go to the Control Panel and then to Uninstall a program, then click on Ankama Launcher and uninstall.
Still doesn't work? Please report your issue on this page in the [forum](https://www.ankama.com/en/forum/8-ankama-launcher)
I started installing several Ankama games, but I can't download them simultaneously. Is that normal?
Yes. If several games are being installed, the downloads happen successively, not simultaneously.
WINDOWS – The Ankama Launcher doesn't install by default in "Programs" or "Program Files" but in the "Appdata" folder. Why?
The folder selected by default doesn't require admin rights on your computer; this is to ensure you have access to our content no matter what configuration you have!
What happens if you close the Ankama Launcher while a game is updating?
Don't panic! The download is automatically paused. An automatic repair will be launched when you reopen the Launcher.
How to fix the error "Unable to open due to malicious software" that prevents an application from running on macOS Catalina
First of all, you should only follow these instructions if you do not download or install questionable applications on your Mac.
Avoid accessing sites that may compromise the security of your data.
This "can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software" launch limitation can be avoided if we allow third-party applications to be downloaded and run other than from the App Store and developers identified by Apple.
The settings can be found in System Preferences → Security and Privacy, under "Allow apps downloaded from: 'App Store' and 'App Store and identified developers'".
To change these settings, you must click on the padlock at the bottom left of the window and enter the system user password.
At the same time, we are working to ensure that Ankama certificates are recognized by Apple in order to avoid this being necessary.