Phishing is a technique used by thieves to collect your account information (account name, email address, and password) and/or your personal information. (proof of identity)
It can take several forms: fake websites, fraudulent emails or Ankabox messages, in-game private messages, texts, etc.
If you believe you've been a victim of phishing
- If a phone number is registered to your account, click this link to freeze your account right away.
- Otherwise, change your password from your account management page,
- and then contact Support.
- If you've downloaded files that may be corrupted:
- Perform an antivirus scan.
- Perform an anti-spyware scan.
- Perform an anti-rootkit scan.
How to protect yourself from phishing
- Don't trust the website's appearance.
- Never search for a website using keywords given by a player in the game.
- Don't trust invalid links sent in the game.
- Make sure it's one of our official sites by visiting this page
Remember that logging in to our sites always goes through: https://account.ankama.com/
- Never download files related to our games from an unofficial website.
- Most browsers have a filter to guard against phishing; leave this on: Google - Mozilla
- Don't trust emails offering gifts or threatening to ban your account.
We will never email you about the threat of a ban.
- Don't reply to emails asking for your account information.
Support will always use the secure interface on the website: https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us
- If you're unsure about an email, even if it looks official, you can check the email header to find out where it came from.
- If you received a phishing email, let us know by using the phishing form on this page.
Copy and paste the full email header into your request.
Ankabox and in-game moderators
- Account names and usernames of official accounts will have brackets like these: [ ].
- A moderator will never ask for your login ID or password in the game.
- Official Ankabox messages are sent from this account:
- Never accept a friend request from a supposedly official account.
If you have to accept a friend request, it isn't an official account.